BIRLEY WITH UPPER HILL PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Council Meeting held at The Function Room, The Bush Inn HR4 8EH
7.00pm on Tuesday 6th March 2018
Councillors: Mr R Grayburn (Acting Chair), Mr J Gough, and Mr A Last.
M Cooper (Ward Cllr) and Mr M Hopkins (Clerk).
Members of the public: No members of the public.
1. To Accept Apologies for Absence
Cllrs: Mrs A Pendleton, Mrs I Stokes, Mr J Mackay-Lewis and Mrs S de Rohan.
2. To Approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 7th November 2017
Resolved: The Minutes were confirmed and signed by the Chair.
3. To Receive Declarations of Interests and Applications for Dispensations
Resolved: None required.
4. To Receive Brief Reports from:
4.1 Herefordshire Councillor (Cllr M Cooper)
Cllr Cooper reported:
• Hereford Poppies: plans are well underway for the poppy display at the Cathedral next month
• Hereford University: A briefing to Ward Councillors was held in January. There will be around 1,000 young students living in and around the county and it is envisaged that the enterprise will bring in £120m by 2022.
• Infrastructure, Hereford Transport Plan: The consultation, which opened on the 5th February, continues until the 20th March. Meetings have been held with home owners in the Kings Acre and Roman Road area. Following the consultation the preferred route should be announced by June/July. The western bypass will be a dual-carriageway approximately 8kms long
Resolved: Full report attached to these minutes. Cllr Cooper thanked.
4.2 Westhope Common Management Association (Cllr Mrs I Stokes)
Cllr Stokes written report: The AGM scheduled for Tuesday 12th December was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. At the meeting on 13th February it was agreed to hold the AGM in April
Livestock has been removed from the common for the January to April rest period. However at the AGM in April it is to be considered if the rest period be adjusted to suit the varying weather conditions.
The Management Association is to be consulted prior to manure being spread on the common. This is necessary to protect the ground nesting birds
The second failed Jubilee Oak has been ordered.
Resolved: Report noted.
5. Open Time
No items were raised.
6. To Receive the Clerks Report, General Updates and Note the Information
All updates since the meeting on 7th November 2017 are included in the Information Sheet which had been circulated.
Resolved: Reports, Updates and Information Sheet noted. A copy of Information Sheet is attached to these minutes.
7. Financial Matters
7.1 To Receive a Report from the RFO
Bank Balances as of 14th December 2017: Community Account: £4,104.96 (less £568 website grant = nett £3,536.96) and Business Premium Account: £980.96.
Resolved: Report noted and it was agreed to close the Business Premium Account and transfer the balance to the Community Account.
7.2 To Consider the following Payments
7.2.1 Payments Made since the last Meeting:
Resolved: No payments made.
7.2.2 Outstanding Payments: The Bush Inn (Room hire) 15.00 (541); Clerks salary (Jan/March) £130.10 (542); HMRC (PAYE Jan/March) £32.40 (543) and Clerks Expenses 2017/18 £288.32 (544).
Resolved: The above payments were agreed.
7.2.3 HALC subscription for 2018/19 is £344.58 incl £57.43 vat
Resolved: The HALC renewal was agreed.
7.3 To Receive an Update on the Parish Website grant:
Grant – £1,437.00 less spend in 2017/18 of £869.00 (excl vat) and £190.00 (excl vat) in 2017/18 leaving a balance of £378.00. This will need to be returned if not spent.
Resolved: The update noted
8. Planning Matters
Information on Planning Applications Received from Hereford Planning Department:
173355 – Land at Lye Court, Upper Hill HR4 8ET (Installation of crop protection covers for new sweet cherry orchard and construction of rainwater harvesting reservoirs for a precision irrigation system to support the cherry trees) – additional documents received
Resolved: No further comment
151983 – Rogers Farm, Bush Bank HR4 8EP (Proposed erection of two poultry buildings, new access and conversion of building to house biomass boiler) –appeal was allowed and planning permission granted subject to conditions also costs to be paid by Herefordshire Council.
Decisions Received from Hereford Planning Department:
171289 – Land adjacent to Lye Green, Bush Bank (Proposed dwelling) granted with conditions.
173533 – Pantiles, Dilwyn HR4 8EU (Proposed alterations to access) granted with conditions
173990 – West View, Upper Hill HR4 8EN (Proposed two storey extension linking garage to dwelling) granted with conditions.
174098 – The Thorn, Birley Road, Aulden HR6 0JU (Proposed erection of loose cattle shed) granted with conditions.
173690 – Avalon, Bush Bank HR4 8EN (Proposed alteration and single storey extension to rear of property) granted with conditions.
9. Highway Matters
9.1 To Receive any Issues for Herefordshire Highways
Resolved: Awaiting dates to arrange a meeting with Philip Pankhurst re speeding and village gates.
9.2 Public Rights of Way Update
Resolved: Deferred to the next meeting.
10. To Setup a GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) Working Group to Consider NALC’s GDPR Toolkit and report back to the May Parish Council Meeting
Resolved: The Parish Council to be registered under the Data Protection act. The new GDPR to be discussed at the May meeting when more information known.
10. To Consider Signing up to Herefordshire Council’s ‘Stop the Drop’ Litter Pledge
Resolved: Deferred to the May meeting.
11. To Raise Items for the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting – No Discussion
Resolved: All items referred from this meeting.
12. To Confirm the Date of the Annual Parish and Annual Parish Council Meeting
Resolved: Tuesday 9th May 2017 (date to be confirmed) at 7pm.
Venue: The Function Room, The Bush Inn HR4 8EH
Meeting concluded at 8.25pm
…………………………………….. 29th May 2018
Signature of Chair Date