CHAIR’S ANNUAL REPORT 9th MAY 2017
Once again it is my pleasure to bring you the Chair’s Report now in my 6th year as Chair.
The Upper Hill remembrance service in November was led once again by Eric Laws, who kindly stepped into the breach, as I was unable to attend due to my Mayoral duties in Leominster at their Remembrance Service and on this occasion the Lord Lieutenant Lady Darnley took the Salute.
Generally, Birley with Upper Hill PC has stood up well to all in this year ending 2016/17.
We have had one contentious planning application, the application for Rogers Farm. I attended the County Planning Meeting in support of Mr & Mrs Pritchatt.
I made a short presentation supporting their refusal. Mrs Pritchett then spoke setting out, with confidence, stating her case why the application should be refused. After an adjournment, the vote went in favour of Mr & Mrs Pritchatt.
The planning application was refused on the grounds of the the proximity of the bungalow and questions put of air quality. Democracy in action!
I have attended as your Chair the annual HALC AGM Conference, I have also attended as your representative HALC executive Meetings and finally attended area training attended courses at HALC.
The Clerk and I attended the Open Day of Wind & Sun also in attendance was the High Sherriff – Bill Jackson Esq together with the Deputy Mayor of Leominster – Roger Pendleton and Town Councillor – Clive Thomas.
My thanks to:
• Our Ward Councillor Mark Cooper for bringing us up to speed on all things local.
• To our Locality Steward Phillip Pankhurst who with such limited resources does a tremendous job.
• To Andrew Last as always, an important resource of all things planning and to all Councillors who bring their pertinent expertise to Birley & Upper Hill PC
• To Ivy Stokes as my Deputy and her added duties with Westhope Commons Committee.
• To our Clerk and RFO for all he does to ensure we operate in a professional and diligent manner.
• To conclude I thank you all for your support – I applaud you all
With regard to local matters and in particular Upper Hill – we have over this year lamented the passing of Mrs Joan Mather & Mrs Peggy Paris. Jenifer Sedgewick has been very ill and is now I am happy to report is recovering in the Community Hospital.
Two families have left Upper Hill namely James & Jacki Wittington and Mathew & Lesley Whittington and family.
Cllr Mrs A M Pendleton
Chair of Birley with Upper Hill Parish Council